Freemax Mesh Pro Vape Tank Review
Mesh coils are hot! The company that gave us the mesh coil has now brought us a new subohm vape tank. Our Freemax Mesh Pro review will zoom in for a closer look. The Mesh Pro is a big tank with either a 5 ml or 6 ml vape juice capacity. The 25 mm diameter tank means that it will fit nicely on most vape mods without any overhang. The top-fill is a slide design, which happens to be the best type of top-fill in my opinion. The bubble tank and resin finish round out the design giving it an aesthetically appealing appearance.
Well, it seems like I covered everything all in the opening paragraph. This is the best Freemax Mesh Pro review in the world! I am amazing! Just kidding! Obviously we need to give you the details. Okay, first thing before we get too far ahead. We mentioned that the vape juice capacity was either 5 ml or 6 ml. To clarify, the Mesh Pro comes with two glass tanks. Both are bubble tanks but one is more of a globe tank to allow for more e-juice. So that’s the difference. You can use whichever tank floats your boat.
The Freemax Mesh Pro is the follow up to the original Fireluke Mesh. The Fireluke has been enormously popular. The vaping community has been waiting to see what Freemax’s next tank would be. From our initial assessment, we like what they have done with the Mesh Pro. We think that they have taken mesh coils another step forward. Let’s get more into the details.
Freemax Mesh Pro Review
The Freemax Mesh Pro subohm vape tank is a 25 mm tank that weighs 60 grams. It stands 59.8 mm tall. So it’s well over two inches tall. It is a good sized tank but you are also getting a lot of e-juice capacity. The drip tip is an 810. The tank is made of stainless steel and resin. The resin comes in a variety of colorful finishes.
- 25 mm diameter
- 59.8 mm tall or 2.4 inches
- 60 grams
- 5 ml capacity with bubble tank
- 6 ml capacity with globe tank
- 810 drip tip
- Stainless steel construction with resin components
- 510 connection
- Works with Freemax Mesh coils
The Freemax Mesh Pro tank comes with:
- Freemax Mesh Pro tank
- 5 ml capacity glass
- 6 ml capacity glass
- Adjustable 510 connection
- 0.15 ohm single Mesh coil
- 0.2 ohm Double Mesh coil
- Extra O-Rings
- User manual
The build quality is excellent. All of the components connect flawlessly and there were no leaks detected while doing the Freema Mesh Pro tank review testing. A big round of applause for the coil design. Swapping coils is quick and easy.
The Pro Mesh will sell for right around the $30 mark. The Mesh Pro coils will sell for $10 to $14 for a three-pack of coils. Mesh coils usually have better longevity than wrapped coils. The bottom line is that the tank is priced very fairly. You will get full value. On top of that, because the coil life is so good the coils are also an excellent value. In summary, we give full marks for value.
Mesh Pro Review Ratings
Build Quality - 8.5/10
- Very good. The stainless steel components are impeccably machined. It is easy to assemble and doesn’t leak. I like 9 mm bore 510 drip tips but I am starting to get used to the 810s. The resin components seem to resist heat well although with the Mesh Pro coils you do not need a lot of power to generate a lot of vapor.
Mesh Pro Coils - 9.1/10
- The coils are the star of the show. And they are a show stopper. I have not tried all of the coil options yet but the ones I have tried have been excellent. The vapor is very good. And the flavor is amazing. I also had to add some bonus points for the Freemax Mesh Pro review because they offer the option of a stainless steel Mesh Pro coil.
Aesthetic - 8.4/10
- The key to the aesthetics of the Mesh Pro is the colorful resin finish. There are a number of color options available. A lot of people love the colorful finishes. Many in the office thought the aesthetic score should be higher and I can see that. But ultimately, I tend to prefer monochrome color schemes. Perhaps I am just old-fashioned, boring!
Vaping - 9/10
- The vaping is outstanding. Especially if you love your flavors. The Mesh Pro is not really a cloud chasing tank but the vapor production is very good. The Mesh Pro is easy to use and the refill vent actually speeds up refilling while combatting leaks.
Overall - 8.8/10
- The Freemax Mesh Pro is an excellent value. The vaping is terrific, particularly for flavor.
I prefer the sliding top-fill vape tank design because the twist tops can be annoying. I am ok with twist tops but sometimes I end up unscrewing the tank because of the twisting motion. Of course this is not a big deal but I only bring it up to explain why the Freemax Mesh Pro review score gives points for the sliding top-fill.
One more thing about the top-fill and this is very cool. The top-fill slide also has a vent. The vent equalizes the air pressure inside the tank when you are refilling. This will help prevent any leaking from the airflow slots during refills.
Mesh Pro Coils
The mesh coils are the star of the show. In fact, the Mesh Pro tank is really a vehicle to highlight the new mesh coil options. Right now there are four different types of mesh coils available for the Mesh Pro tank:
- Kanthal Single Mesh 0.15ohm Coil-rated for 40-70W (pre-installed)
- Kanthal Double Mesh 0.2ohm Coil-rated for 60-90W (included)
- Kanthal Triple Mesh 0.15ohm Coil-rated for 80-110W (not included)
- SS316 Single Mesh 0.12ohm Coil-rated for 400-550°F (not included)
The tank we got for the Freemax Mesh Pro review came with the 0.15 ohm Kanthal single mesh and the 0.2 ohm Kanthal double mesh. Both are phenomenal. I was also very happy to see that Freemax made a stainless steel option. Stainless steel coils are my preferred option for temperature control vaping. Of course, stainless steel can be used for both variable power and temp control. At any rate. Bonus points awarded for the stainless steel option!
* By the way, Freemax Mesh Pro coils and the original Fireluke coils are compatible.
Mesh Pro Coil Saturation
The new Mesh Pro coils feature something called 360 degree saturation. The vape juice flow is designed to surround the entire coil. That is much different than traditional coil designs which relies completely on a slower absorption rate. The more even saturation may be one of the reasons that the flavor profile comes through so vividly. This tank really brings out the flavor of your favorite vape juice recipes.
Mesh Pro Review Summary
Time to wrap up the Mesh Pro review. The Mesh Pro is a sub ohm vape tank that delivers super flavors and very good vapor. We think it is an excellent choice for everyday vaping. We gave it a total score of 8.8/10 because of quality and value.
Another thing that I like here is that the vapor production and flavor that you get does not require a lot of power. You can fully enjoy the Freemax Mesh Pro tank with a single 18650 mod. Obviously with a dual 18650 you get more battery life and can hit higher wattages, but if you do have a single 18650 mod you and the Mesh Pro will get along just fine!
For more hard-core cloud chasers, the triple mash coil at 0.15 ohms is rated for up to 110 watts. Overall, the Mesh Pro is not a cloud tank, it is an easy to use flavor tank. Once again, the vapor is excellent, but it is the flavor that really impresses.
Leave a comment