VooPoo Drag 2 Review
The VooPoo Drag 2 review is more of a preview at this point. But given the massive success of the original VooPoo Drag, the updated VooPoo 2 is generating a lot of buzz. There are two main reasons for the interest in this device. First, the success of the original drag. A fast firing and rock solid vape mod. Second, the 15 months of R&D that went into the new Gene.Fit chip.
The Gene.Fit chip is the end result of 15 months of work. The process involved data mining 11 million bits of information from other vape chips. The idea was to develop a smarter chip. Indeed this chip is designed to recognize and function with a massive range of atomizers. And it is designed to get more life out of vape coils by avoiding burn outs. Moreover, the Gene.Fit chip is guarded by internal protections from surges, dust, and liquid.
I am very excited to do a full VooPoo Drag 2 review in order to put this device through the ringer! I am going to try and fry some coils and see what happens. If the Gene.Fit really does recognize and protect from atomizer burn outs, I will regard that as a very exciting development in vaping. Who doesn't want more coil life? Let's find out more.
VooPoo Drag 2 Review
The VooPoo Drag 2 kicks off with the bare bones. It is similar in appearance to the original but it is 25% lighter. This device is a dual 18650 mod with a top output of 177 watts. That is 20 more watts than the original. The Drag 2 is a classic box mod design that comes in multiple colors and finishes. Each finish is a multi-colored resin style appearance.
The VooPoo Drag 2 features a large and centered 510. I definitely prefer centered 510s so that is a plus. The construction of VooPoo mods is excellent and built to last. The side panel battery doors fit securely and there is no button rattle. Of course we will have more details as soon as we actually get our hands on one!
One of the most intriguing things we want to check out is the Smart tank recognition. This is a result of the data mining of 11 million bits of information gathered from previous vape chips working with the full scope of vape tanks. The goal is to maximize coil efficiency and prevent coil burn out. For example, if using the Freemax Mesh Pro vape tank, in theory the VooPoo Drag 2 with the Gene.Fit will recognize the exact specs and capacities of the tank and coils. I love the idea of this and it makes sense. Take advantage of the technology to create better vaping. Smart.
VooPoo Drag 2 Specs
- 88.5 mm tall by 51 mm wide by 26.6 mm thick
- That is 3.48 inches tall by 2 inches wide and 1 inch thick
- Zinc alloy and resin construction
- VooPoo Drag 2 weighs 158 g (5.5 ounces)
- Weight with batteries is 203 g (7.1 ounces)
- Wattage range is 5 W up to 177 W
- Temp control vaping range is 200 F to 600 F
- TC in Celsius is 100 C to 315 C
- Atomizer resistance range is 0.05 ohms to 5.0 ohms
- Voltage range is 0 V to 7.5 V
- Gene.Fit Chip
- Firmware upgradeable
Voopoo Drag 2 Review Gene.Fit Chip
- Lightning fast, responsive firing
- Balanced battery charging
- Smart Vape Tank/Coil recognition
- Best match feature to optimize for battery life, flavor, or clouds
- Firmware updates
- Anti-burn coil protection (switch time-out protection)
- Reverse battery protection
- Over temperature
- Output over current safeguards
- Overcharge protection
- Over-discharge protection
- Short-circuit safe guards
That is all we have for now with the VooPoo Drag 2 vape mod review. While you are here, take a minute to check out our line of premium quality USA made vape juice. We also look forward to completing a thorough review of the Drag 2.
Leave a comment